Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In Loving Memory

(my apologies, this is the only picture I had)
I am writing a blog this evening dedicated to a young boy named Matteo Riopel.

Matteo was a child at the daycare that I am currently doing my volunteer work at. He was in the toddler room, taken care of every day by Nathalie Orr and Bessie House. Although I never worked closely with him, I did visit his room almost every day and had the chance to see him running around and playing with the other children.

Matteo was born with a sickness that caused many complications as he was growing. A few weeks ago he also underwent an intensive surgery which he appeared to have recovered from fully. He returned to the daycare playful and happy, the only difference being the type and amount of food he was allowed to eat.

On the morning of November 03, 2008, Matteo was Med-Evac'd to Montreal's children's hospital where he was put into intensive care. The following day news reached the daycare from Matteo's aunt that he was not doing too well and the chances seemed slim. By the night of Tuesday November 04, 208, Matteo silently passed, in the company of his closest family.

A parent should never have to experience the pain and agony of outliving their child. My deepest condolences go out to the Riopel family on this sad occasion.


Rest In Peace,

Matteo Riopel

December 29, 2005-November 04, 2008

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

My condolences to C and E for their loss. Courage à toute la famille.

Yvonne