Tuesday, September 9, 2008

8 Days Left!!


Okay, this is my first blog, it might be lame.

Right so just to fill you in, I leave next Wednesday morning (the 17th) at 9:35 a.m. for Montreal, where I will be in an orientation camp for a few days. From there my group will be heading up to Chisasibi, Quebec, a small town in the James Bay region of northern Quebec. It is a town of about 4000 residents, mainly of Inuit and Cree origin, meaning they speak neither English or French, so this will be quite the experience. I understand that I'll be able to see Aurora Borealis while I'm up there, I've never seen it before so I'm pretty excited!!! On January 7th, 2009, we'll be flying out to Burnaby, British Columbia. This is a fairly larger city right outside of Vancouver, and my cousin (he lives in Coquitlam, excuse my improper spelling if need be, right outside of Burnaby) says that there is a very nice shopping mall there :) So we spend three months in Burnaby doing our thing, and then on March 25th we're flying back to Ontario, to the town of Woodstock, which is not too too far from Toronto, so it will be like being home, but not really home hehe.
Sooo it's T-minus 8 days until the big departure, technically 7 days since my bus leaves bright and early in the morning (and I arrive at 4:05 p.m., followed by another bus departure at 5:15 p.m. that will stop by the airport to pick up more people before we head out to orientation camp, and I have no idea how far that is from Montreal, LOOOOOONG BUS RIDE!!!) :).
Anyways my sad attempts at packing are giving me some results. I've managed to squeeze in a winter coat, snow pants, winter gloves/hat, sleeping bag, towel, bed sheets and shoes, while sparing some room for actual clothes (this is not going to be fun).
Oh, on top of all of this, I have to keep clothes out to wear for the next 8 days as well as pack my backpack for 3 days of camping, any volunteers to help me out?
I think I'm done this blog now, I don't know if I'll be able to update it very often in Chisasibi, we'll see if they even have internet up there lol. As for now, I've got some stuff to take care of at the bank.

Take care,
Megan

No comments: