Sunday, October 5, 2008

Oh mon Dieu, le gastro!

YAY! This is our house, is very nice and our front lawn is made of sand and rocks :) Its brand new and very nice except theres lots of sand so we have to sweep inside 3 or 4 times a day.
This is a ... forgot the word for it, but they don't call it a teepee... they are everywhere and people are starting to cover them now and roast geese in them. It's interesting.
Some Cree children that were playing outside our house. We decided to join them and then they wouldn't leave us alone and kept ringing our doorbell during dinner. Very cute though, in the end.
Howdy y'all!


So it's been a rather exciting few days here in the KatimaHouse. My french is very much improving because my house manager partner hardly speaks a word of english and in turn I can now understand pretty much everything she says. Most of the time.

On Thursday afternoon Marc told me that because I'm working at the daycare, I had to complete a First Aid training course. I was a little pissed off because I really wanted to cook dinner that night but now I had to go to this course. Anyways it was 3 hours Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday morning. I actually am happy that I went because I must say, I learned quite a bit.

Also, on Thursday night, one of the girls came down with the flu. So she stayed home all day with Monicka and myself while we cleaned. Well of course this is a house of 12 people, so duh its going to get passed around. So Friday night Monicka started feeling a bit queezy and looked a little pale, and I started to have some really painful stomach cramps. Finally Saturday morning Monicka was full out sick with the flu and I was all right so I went along to my First Aid class and got everything I needed. By the time I got home, I ran downstairs and passed out for a couple of hours, only to wake up vomitting and realized that I too, had the flu. Now lets just put the icing on the cake...by Saturday night, Kalya, Monicka, myself and now Kalleena all had the flu. Isn't it great living with 12 people?

I think thats as far as it will spread because it just so happens that all 4 girls who got it share a bedroom so we all quarentined ourselves and that should be the end of it.

Anyways I'm going to post a few more pictures and then go back to sleep. Enjoy!


1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I just tagged you. If you don't want to participate that is fine, I have found it is a good way to increased visits to your blog, either way.
I enjoy your blog.
Check out my blog for rules.
Smiles
Vicki